This multi-award winning practice, based in beautiful mid-Wales, is looking to recruit an experienced Project Architect / Conservation Architect to join a small, friendly and dedicated team led by the respected Classical Architect Craig Hamilton, recipient of the ICAA 2018 Arthur Ross Award for Excellence in the Classical Tradition.
Craig Hamilton Architects has a longstanding reputation for progressive Classical and traditional architecture. A diverse range of architectural projects are undertaken throughout the United Kingdom and abroad, including the design of country houses and new Classical buildings in urban contexts. Sacred and monumental architecture has become a specialisation in recent years. The practice has also worked on large commercial projects. Further information about the practice and the projects undertaken can be found at www.craighamiltonarchitects.com .
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Project Architect / Conservation Architect to join our existing team. You will be based in our recently renovated Grade II Listed offices in Builth Wells:
The successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
* At least 5 years proven practical experience as a Project Architect / Conservation Architect, including on site experience
* Experience and knowledge of traditional detailing is essential
* Competency in AutoCad essential. Sketchup and Photoshop highly beneficial
* Proven ability to manage a team of Architectural Assistants and Technicians
* Ability to establish excellent working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors and our in house team
* Proven ability and experience in the preparation and submission of planning and Building Regulation applications, tender procurement and assessment, preparation of construction drawings and information, contract administration and on site project coordination
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and fluently in written and spoken English
* Excellent organisation and record keeping skills
* Thorough technical understanding
* The ability to drive and access to a car is essential given the location of our offices and the nature of our projects.
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience. An excellent package is on offer for the ideal candidate.